Mark and Vanessa—and Parker!
post date: August 29, 2007
Last night we had dinner with Mark and Vanessa and Parker, their nine-month-old Maltese they brought with them from California. After the meal Mark pointed out that this was their one-month anniversary. Since getting married on July 28, they have been to Puerto Vallarta for their honeymoon, back to California for a few days, then to Chicago for a reception and to make several presentations about their work in China, then back to California for several weeks of packing, getting ready to move and saying goodbye, and then setting off last Saturday morning. First they drove from Atwater to Los Angeles to see some China friends. Then they began their trip east very early Sunday morning. They called us to say they were somewhere west of Flagstaff, Arizona, later they were in Winslow, still later they traveled across New Mexico, stopping for the night in Tucumcari. On Monday they traveled through Amarillo, Oklahoma City and Little Rock, finally crossing the Mississippi River at Memphis around 8:45 PM. They arrived in Tupelo at 10:30 PM, having driven 2200 miles in three days. I have to say that they both looked great for all that driving. They dropped by our home to say hello and then made their way out to the cabin north of town (about a 30-minute drive) where they will be living for the next few months. We’re very excited to have Mark and Vanessa nearby, and we’re all looking forward to see what God has in store for them.
Do you have any thoughts or questions about this post? If you have a Facebook account, you may comment below:
Related blog posts
- Let’s Bring Back the Holy Kiss – September 7, 2007
- KBM Board Retreat – September 6, 2007
- Radio Interview with Kim Jeffries today at 1 PM – September 5, 2007
- D. James Kennedy Now With the Lord – September 5, 2007
- Why Churches Change So Slowly – September 4, 2007
- Happy Labor Day! – September 3, 2007
- “What Jesus paid for Jesus will surely keep.” – September 2, 2007
- Football! – September 1, 2007
- Are We Weak or Are We Hypocrites—or both? – August 31, 2007
- Teen People of the Bible – August 31, 2007